Monday, November 9, 2009

Snow Day ... Russian Style

It's snowing today and let me just share with you what an experience it is to be in Yeakterinburg when it snows!!! Stephen was "kind" enough to let me ride up front today in the car as we made our way to the baby home. Now, I have driven in snow my entire life ... I've lived in Colorado and experienced snow storms there ... I have even driven over a 14,000ft mountain pass in a freak spring snow storm ...head out the window to see the edge of the mountain and all that and NOTHING has ever prepared me to drive in snow like this!!! I have no idea how Svetlana is able to navigate these roads and highways but thankfully she does and make it from point A to point B with little trouble ... although I have to admit I think I may have left my fingers permanently glued to her door at one point!!! Check it out and let me know what YOU think ... definitely a good day to stay home in pj's with hot chocolate and a movie!!


the road outside our apartment


traffic outside on a snowy day


Getting ready to head back to the city ... snow is a fallin

We did spend about a 45minutes with the boys today. THIS IS OUR LAST DAY VISITING. We will not go out on Tuesday because we have to run around and do paperwork for them so we can all leave on Wednesday.... Wednesday is the BIG day ... we will go to the baby home in the afternoon and we will all leave TOGETHER ... A FAMILY AT LAST!!!

Pictures from today!!!

Silly Boy!!!


Look at ALL these toys!!!

5 comments:

Beth said...

OMG what is the weather going to be like in Dec/Jan YIKES!! I better enjoy the 70's today at home. You must be so excited you are almost ready to bring your family home!!! Enjoy your last days in Ekat.

Melissa said...

To answer Beth, Jan in Ekat is COLD!! We hit -20s F and snow everyday. But we always went for at least a short walk everyday. We had a snowstorm on our way back from the baby home in Kamensk. We were driving the 2 hours back in the dark at 5PM. Oh, the memories! Good luck with the paperwork tomorrow. Almost there!
Melissa

Laura said...

How exciting....and what memories you brought back of standing in front of #6 with the snow falling! It was snowing when we were there in Sept. 2008 and still snowing in May 2009. Good thing you're prepared with lots of warm clothes.

Wednesday will be a whirlwind but extremely exciting, as well. Make sure you pack some small snacks for the flight to Moscow. We took the late night flight out and Kristina slept most of the way.

YEAH.....almost homeward bound!

~Laura

Anonymous said...

Roman and Max,, your about to come home with two of the greatest parents two little boys could every hope for! You will truly be the apples of your mama and papas eyes. Sharing this adventure with your mama and papa has brought such happiness just knowing how complete and happy my friends are having you as their sons.. My best wishes for a lifetime of happiness, good health, and great memories! I am waiting anxiously to meet you both.
Eileen

Troy and Rachel said...

YAY for your last day to not leave together!! Look at all that snow - def. Russian style!