Thursday, November 5, 2009

A day of massages and music

Ha ... most of you probably read that title and thought .."WHAT.. Christine is getting a massage in Russia"? Well... I wish that were true but it was actually Mr. Roman who got the massage!!! When we got to the baby home this morning for our visit Svetlana said they would be bringing Max but that Roman was scheduled for his massage ... apparently they get massages at the baby home for circulation and health! Since we were there they brought him to play .. he was NOT a happy camper but if you took me out of line while I was waiting my turn for a massage I wouldn't be happy either!!! When his turn came ... they came to get him and after his massage they brought him back and he was in a much better mood! I mentioned this to Stephen on the way home and he said "well you are usually in a better mood after you get a massage so stands to reason he would be" ... was that Stephen's way of telling me to get more massages ....hmmm I'll have to think about that!!! The best part was when he was walking to get his massage the woman asked him what he was doing and he clearly told her "Mama and Papa" .. yay he knows who we are!!!

Max was his usual curious self today ... it was nice to play with him for a few minutes by himself ... we don't usually get to do that since he comes in 2nd and is always the first to leave. He was having a good time with Stephen's cell phone and really liked listening to the music ... that's why the cell phone is up to his ear in the picture below ... he's listening to the music!!! He is so cute how he comes in the room and then scootches himself into one of our laps ... what a cuddly little monkey ... I can't wait to get him home and just watch him blossom!!!

Oh and before we left the director brought in the 2 cameras we left for each of the boys back in March ... not sure how many pictures they took but it's GREAT we got them back and give us hope that we will get the picture albums, stuffed dogs and other toys and clothes we have sent!!! We shall see.... I hope we do just because those things will have the smell of the baby home and since that scent is familiar to the boys it should help on the plane and while we are in Moscow... fingers crossed!

Pictures from the day!!!


Roman getting his massage


Max listening to music on Papa's cell phone


Roman and Mama


Max and Papa

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Where's my massage? What a cute story. You'll have to make sure you tell him as him grows up. The boys look great and it sounds like they are fast becoming attached. Great news! Love the photos!
Melissa
P.S. Please say hi to Svetlana for us.

Anonymous said...

Its great they are already know MAMA and PAPA!!! SO FABULOUS.. I love reading the updates in the morning.. They have brought happy feelings all week! Eileen

Troy and Rachel said...

What cuties!!!! I love the massage idea and I totally think you need to work that up once you get home to be sure YOU get some massages - maybe I need one too. Wonder if I can get that past Troy!

So glad you all are doing well!

Sharon and Patrick said...

I would love a massage! Great hearing things are going good. Great photos of the boys!
Sharon

Beth said...

WOW that is soooo exciting they are saying Mama and Papa the bonding has begun!!! Love the massage story I could also use one right about now.

Beth

Anonymous said...

how exciting that they already know mama and papa! :)