Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Yes ... we are still adopting.....

It's funny how much you get asked this question when people know you are adopting ... a few months ago I even bought a t-shirt I wear often that says

Yes, I am still adopting
No, I haven't heard anything
but each day brings me closer to my child!


If you like the saying ... check out this website ... they have SO many cute shirts about adopting ... http://shop.cafepress.com/adoption-russia

Anyway... I guess I'm posting this subject because I know so many people will be asking this question over the next few weeks because everyone knew we were at a stand still until the Russia judge returned on August 3rd and now that he's back to work everyone will want to know what we've heard.... us too!!!

We did talk with Vica, our Case Manager at WHFC today and she was able to tell us that our paperwork was given to the judge TODAY ... August 5th and it usually takes 4 - 6 weeks for him to review and make his request for updated information and court date informaton. She is still thinking we will get a court date some time in October and that works for us because that's what we've been hoping for since we left Russia on April 3rd!!! Fingers crossed the 4-6 week gauge is less maybe 2-4 but in the meantime we will continue to get ready for the boys and I'll continue to wear my shirt weekly so people know our status!!!

5 comments:

Troy and Rachel said...

I think everyone adopting needs one of those shirts!! SO glad your paperwork is with the Judge and we'll pray that he reviews it quickly.

Melissa said...

I love the shirt! I could have used one of those. Especially while we were waiting the 7 months to return to Ekat. I really hope you go back soon. October might be nice. If you go later, it will definitely be cold! Bring your sweaters. The heat isn't turned on right away.
Melissa

Our Family said...

Hi Christine!
I am so happy that you are getting real-time updates about your paperwork...thats great!
Love the t-shirt! Enough said.
Hope all is well!
Adrian

Sharon and Patrick said...

Christine,
I like the T shirt idea!
I get the same questions and why is it taking so long! I am glad you are getting updates. I hope to get one soon! Keep you in my prayers!
Sharon

Beth said...

Love the t-shirt. Do they have any for children who are waiting to be BIG Brothers!! Hope the judge had a great vacation and looks at your paper work quickly!!