Friday, August 7, 2009

Our furbaby Tyson....



This is Tyson ... with Lucy just lovin him ...we are coming to the end of our chapter with Tyson ... he's very sick and is losing his battle to continue fighting, so I feel we need to give a post to Tyson so Roman and Max know who he was and how special he was to our family!

When I first started dating Stephen back in 2003 I met Tyson also. What a dog he was ... always excited to see me and loyal to both of us and as many of you know if Tyson like you he'd sit on your feet! The day I finally moved to NY .. Tyson showed my mother how much he loved her when he actually peed on her feet ... well then he sat down!

I've always grown up with dogs ... black labs mostly but Tyson was Stephen's first dog EVER ... he picked him at a shelter in NJ and as Stephen said ... Tyson taught him alot about life ... Loyalty, Patience and plain old unconidtional love.

Tyson has taught me a thing or two as well ... first it's called FURniture for a reason ... it's meant to have fur on it so I gave up the fight along time ago and just let Tyson sit where he wants ... that's why we have a vacuum after all! He's also taught me that dogs have a voice ... most of you have heard Tyson's ... and if given the chance they have A LOT to say! My most unforgettable moment with Tyson was in October 2006 when we miscarried ... I was crying and upset on the bed and Tyson just jumped up and put his head on my chest and said "it's okay LADY... I'm here with you"... for that I will always love this dog!!!

We will miss him and all he was in our family ... here's some "unforgettable" Tyson moments.






8 comments:

Laura said...

Oh...my heart just breaks with such news. But relish in the joy that Tyson has brought your family and now the boys with have a furry angel guiding them to the home he loves.

Many blessings,
Laura

Melissa said...

I am so sorry to hear the news about Tyson. It is difficult losing a dog. We lost 2 golden retrievers to cancer while I was growing up. I know he'll be watching over your boys.
Melissa

Anonymous said...

Billy is very glad he was able to visit "his best friend" Tyson recently. Thank you Christine and Steve for letting him say "good-bye" to his furry friend (with a tasty tail). We just looked at some of the same photos you posted on the website. Billy has them in his room to remember his good friend and to know that Tyson has gone to a better place.

Josh, Deanna, Brooke and Billy

Matt and Carla Morgan said...

I've been lurking on your blog for a while - I'm an Ekat mama, too and am always very curious about the process people are going through there.

Just wanted you to know that I'm heartbroken for your family about sweet Tyson.

Having to deal with this grief in the midst of an already agonizing wait for your boys seems cruel and unusual. Hope you're taking good care of yourselves.

cm

Troy and Rachel said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Tyson. What a wonderful dog and companion he's been. We'll be praying for you as you say goodbye. We've said goodbye to several dogs and it's hard each time. But never fear - I believe they have "FURniture" in doggie heaven too!!

Lori/RachelsMommy said...

Oh, this makes me so sad! My Mom just called to tell me that our doggy back home passed away
today:( I have been heartbroken all day. I just wrote a blog post to honor her memory and then came here and saw this. I am so sorry Tyson is ill...we are dog lovers too, our Sheena is like a daughter to us, and I cannot imagine the pain of losing her...hugs...Lori

Sharon and Patrick said...

So sorry for your very sad news about Tyson. I lost my best friend Little Girl, 9 years ago and I still miss her!
Sharon

Jeff and Dawn said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Tyson. We lost our dog 2 days after we received or referral and I remember how hard it was for me to be happy and so sad at the same time. They say dogs are angels in flesh....and I'm sure he will guard you and your family in his after-life. Take care and hope you hear something soon...October is beautiful in Ekat.