Thursday, April 15, 2010

The decision to be parents or to be pregnant.....UPDATE

April 19, 2009 .... UPDATE .... I started this post while I was sitting in the Dallas/Fort Worth airport on my way to Cabo San Lucas,Mexico for the weekend. I wanted to make sure it had the post date of April 15th to show support for future Russian adoptions and to show our successful story. Since I was posting on my blackberry I could only write so much ... but here is the rest of our story!!!

April 15, 2009 ... Our Russian adoption story:

Today families who have adopted from Russia have been asked to blog about their success.I want to be sure to show our support for all waiting families who are praying that Russia does not suspend adoptions for the USA.

Stephen and I first decided to stop infertility treatments and explore adoption on March 18, 2008 after our 2nd failed IVF attempt. We asked ourselves what we wanted more, to be parents or to be pregnant.... Parents was the answer we both said so it was off the infertility roller coaster and on to the adoption roller coaster that would hopefully end with us having children to love.

The ironic thing about our decision on March 18th is that Maxim, our youngest son was born the very next day ... March 19, 2008 ... they say everything happens for a reason and every adoption tale has some "weird" connection for parents and their children and this was just one of ours!!!

Once we returned from our Florida vacation on March 19, 2008 we found the information packet for Wide Horizon for Children in our mail! We were excited it had come while we were on vacation and we were quick to fill out of application and start the adoption process ... we attended our very first information meeting with WHFC at the end of March ... who knew one year later we would be making our first trip to Russia to meet the boys and accept our referral!!!

One of the best things about adoption for us was knowing that no matter how long it took ... the end of our journey would mean children for us... something no one could GUARANTEE with infertility!!! What a roller coaster ride our adoption journey was at times with explanations to employers, paperwork for NOT only WHFC but for Russia but in the end we are now a family of four ... six if you count Happy and Lucy and our lives have changed in ways we couldn't imagine before we met Roman and Maxim!!!


First Family Photo with Roman ... March 2009


First Family Photo with Maxim ... March 2009


A Family at Last ... November 11, 2009 ... first family photo leaving Baby Home #6!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

And look at the beautiful little boys you have. Amazing!
Melissa

Julie P said...

Thank you, Christine. I call the night before meeting with the MOE... the night of terror. The only thing that kept me breathing was thinking of you and all the parents who have been there, done that. I cannot thank you enough for sharing your story.

Lori/RachelsMommy said...

That's awesome, Christine! I came to the same conclusion in March 2007! I was thinking about adoption and by chance met someone who had just been chosen by a birthmom. It was amazing to hear her story. Her son was born 3/16/07almost exactly a year before Rachel. Rachel was born the day YOU decided:)...Isn't that interesting? So happy for you and your lovely famly! Hugs,
Lori

Laura said...

And what a wonderful decision you made! I rode out that same rollercoaster. It wasn't fun but to be where we are today, I wouldn't change a thing.

~Laura :)

Lori/RachelsMommy said...

Tears in my eyes. Love this post:)...I have heard a lot of people say they do not believe in "meant to be", but I do! The coincidences in our own journey are just too great. Our babies are only a day apart:)...Hugs, Lori