Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Time for a shower

This weekend we travelled to Massachusetts for our first shower ... I've waited a long time for this event and it was worth it. My Mom put together a shower for family and friends in the area ... it was GREAT! Since we aren't having/adopting a baby she put a little different spin on the event. She decided to celebrate the boys and their Russian heritage so we had pictures of the boys everywhere and the menu was a combination of Russian dishes and also a few Polish foods since Stephen and I are both Polish! It was so much fun to finally share this day with so many of my family and friends and to help get ready for the boys!! We got some great gifts ... and I loved everything and thoroughly enjoyed opening everything ... even if my sister in law, Deanna, went just a tad crazy with the duck tape to keep all her gifts together :-) I know the boys are going to enjoy all the crayons, finger paints, coloring books and activity things we got to keep them busy!

Here are some pictures of the day ... we lucked out and it didn't rain so we got to enjoy a nice (if not a little humid) day in the backyard!!!




My Mom made this cake ... it was UNBELIEVABLE!


Getting ready to open presents


Back packs for Roman and Max from Grammie


Family and friends who can't wait to meet the boys!


Stephen got to help with the presents!!

We really enjoyed this day and celebrating the boys arrival! Thank you so much to all our family and friends for coming and helping us get ready for Roman and Max!

We have another shower in New York in August with our friends and some of Stephen's family who live there ... we know this one will be as much fun and my Mom is ready since our first party was a huge success!!!

8 comments:

Melissa said...

I love the cake! How cool. It sounds like you had a lot of fun at your shower. Isn't it great knowing that so many people are ready and waiting for the boys to come home? We can't wait either! They will be so loved.
Melissa

Clarese said...

What an amazing cake! That is talent.

Beth said...

That will be great when our boys are home we can meet up when you are visiting family in MA. Looks like you had a great day and I love the cake!! August is almost here, WELCOME back JUDGE!!!!!!!

Our Family said...

Hi Christine!
First off, what a great cake! It looks like you had a great day.

I absolutely loved our shower as well. To me also, it was a day that I always dreamed of but thought that maybe I'd never get to celebrate. I am glad that you enjoyed this special event!

I am praying for some court news for the four of you!
Adrian

Sharon and Patrick said...

Christine,
I just loved the cake! It looked like a great shower party! I liked the theme idea. I hope you hear somehting news really soon!
Sharon

Lori/RachelsMommy said...

How nice! I'm glad it was a terrific day and fun event for you and your husband:)...how thoughtful of your mom...the pictures, cake etc...making some wonderful memories as you await the homecoming of your sweet boys...they will love seeing the pictures of everyone celebrating them too! Lori (resolvebb)

Troy and Rachel said...

What a nice treat!! So glad you had a good time celebrating with friends!

Laura said...

What a wonderful day...just wait until the boys come home. The outpouring of love just doesn't stop and it's quite touching and overwhelming...in a great way.

Hang tight -- and we hope to hear you're on your way to Ekat SOON!!!!

~Laura :)