Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Paper Chase

Here's the latest update on our quest to get all documents needed for the Russian Dossier.

Just before we left for Cape May, I sent 25 documents to Albany,NY to be apostilled - it's the final seal we need to make 1 document complete and dossier ready! We got our first packet back when we returned from vacation. I have a 2nd packet ready to go with 4 more documents!!!

We are still waiting on 9 documents from Wide Horizon and 2 medical forms for me and then that's it!! Oh, did I mention we need to be fingerprinted for the 3rd and final time for the USCIS office (United States Citizen and Immigration Services). Once that's done and has all the stamps and seals needed we will send the entire packet to Wide Horizon for review and if everything has been done correctly they send it to Russia!!!

We will be sending our I-600A application out this weekend (this is the request for USCIS to fingerprint us) hopefully we will get our appointment time in the next few weeks!!!

Good news - we are more than 1/2 to having all our Russian dossier documents completed - you wouldn't believe the stack of papers we have!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm now up to date on the blog. I'm not sure that I like those pictures with the grandmother in them-----couldn't you have just picked pictures of you, Stephen and the boys?

Julie and Dan said...

Woo hoo! It's like being 1/2 way there, right?

It looks like you had a wonderful vacation. You all look tan and relaxed :) What fun!!

Anonymous said...

It looks like vacation was fun! It must have been nice to have the boys with you (and Charlotte of course!)

Miss you guys. Sounds like things are moving forward really nicely-I am happy to be kept up to date by reading the blog! Thanks-Jaimie