Thursday, May 22, 2008

Getting ready for our home visit


Well today was our home visit - more on that in another post. I felt like there was so much to do to get ready - I'm glad I took the entire day off - at first I thought I'd only take a 1/2 day but my boss said to take the whole day - it would be less stress. She was right, so thanks Pat for the suggestion.

Let me tell you a little about my morning (Stephen did go to work for a 1/2 day). I started the day by getting in a workout on the eliptical and then called our town police station to go down and do another round of my finger prints. They said I could come right in so I go all my stuff together and left for the police station. When I got there the office who was going to do my finger prints said we needed to hurry because they were bringing in a "bad guy" and they didn't want to have me come back. We did two sets of finger print cards just to be sure - fingers crossed these go through!!!

The fun part began when I came home and noticed that Lucy had helped herself to the flowers I had sitting on the front steps. Appears that she wanted to help get a jump on planting them so some of the impatients were strewn around our front yard and the plastic containers and tray they were in were in little pieces throughout the front and back yard! She's such a good helper - NOT - so I added to my list of things to do to plant the flowers that were out of there containers and pick up plastic pieces then it was off to vacuum the downstairs.

Good news - everything got done by the time Jennifer arrived at 1pm!

No comments: