Monday, April 7, 2008

Registration Submitted

We submitted our registration application to Wide Horizon for Children today!!! This is the first step in the adoption process and now we wait to hear back from a social worker and receive the "official" application which begins the paperwork trail!!

We knew we would be going with WHFC (Wide Horizon For Children) after our adoption information meeting on March 29th but wanted to wait until I had a chance to meet and speak with our new friend Amy Josey. Amy is Jess's sister (Jess is my hair stylist and my sister Sara's friend). Amy and her husband, Brian, are part of the WHFC family and adopted their two sons from Russia 4 years ago and she had such wonderful things to say about WHFC and the staff!!!

So WHFC is the agency we are going to work with and we are excited to begin this next step in our journey to become parents.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I will be sure and keep you in my prayers. You both are amazing people and will be wonderful parents. I think you adopting is great. There are so many children who need loving parents. God Bless you both. I love the blogging idea.

Take Care and Keep in Touch,

Kelly

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing with us Christine and Stephen. I was glad to read that you knew someone with personal experience with the agency you chose. There are people here at H.C. that have adopted children and before I noticed you already had a connection I was worried. I am thinking of you and praying for you.

Love,
Christine

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you and Stephen. I'll be keeping you both (and Tyson and Lucy) in my prayers.

Love,
Kristin